Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Imperial Greenery

05-31-12
charcoal pencil
I'm blinded and enchanted by all the color green that I see. Where was it four months ago? Where does it hide: all folded, origami-like within the seeds in the soil and as packets of genetic information in the woody integument of so many bare and clattering branches? But here we are, inheritors of a vast green world that simply takes over everything. Every substrate is vulnerable.

This is a study of the tip of the island below the dam. It's mostly weeds and poison ivy. I wouldn't recommend exploring there when the water gets low enough to cross over. No sir. Not unless you're too young to know better then I applaud your imagination and adventurous spirit!

As I drew this greenery I would sneak a look over at the dam and occasionally spy a fish trying to leap up over the dam. Talk about adventurous! It's the same spirit that flows through all this lush growth!

05-23-12
(charcoal)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you…