Sunday, September 16, 2018

Changes

09-16-18-dam
charcoal
My schedule has been perturbed in the last couple of weeks and I've been going to the dam in odd moments. Sometimes for just a few minutes. And some days not at all. This is good and bad: absence makes the heart grow fonder. Familiarity breeds contempt. All this change helps keep my witness keen and ready for surprise. Hopefully.

The river has a healthy flow of water (considering it's September -a usually low water month) which shouldn't have surprised me (but it did). The additional water has made it possible for a school of large carp to pool around in one of the eddies in front of the dam. On the other hand, the additional volume of water rushing over the top deters the ducks and geese. Change is good. It keeps us on our toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you…