Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Winter Welcome

So, winter is here. Not officially but in spirit; it's cold and snowy as you can see in last week's sketches below.
12-06-19-island
12-09-19-dam
Winter followed me to Washington, D.C. over the weekend where my daughter was graduating from college. While she was having her picture taken at the Lincoln Memorial, I was sketching the fog-shrouded reflecting pool and what I could see of the Washington Monument. A flock of geese levitated and  decorated the air above the pool.
12-14-19-washDC
But when I returned I discovered that Natick had had a lot of rain over the weekend. The island was inundated and a big tree was stranded on top of the dam. This is good as far as I'm concerned. Maybe it will attract some ducks.
12-17-19-bridge
12-17-19-dam

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you…