Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Winter Drawing

The South Natick Dam | 7 Dec. 2010 | colored pencil
There's just a bit of ice on the fringes of the river above the dam. Icicles have formed where water leaks from the surface down through the arches of the bridge. I've seen an occasional goose or two swimming in lazy circles above the dam. No herons to speak of and just an occasional group of ducks heading somewhere else high overhead.
I promise though that I will make some snowbound sketches as soon as we get an accumulation.
There were a few flurries last night and it was cold enough that I saw the evidence this morning as I walked Ellen to her bus stop.
Life moves too fast wouldn't you say?

1 comment:

  1. beautiful peaceful drawing, Rob. The blue makes me feel the cold!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you…